"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

{P,H,F, R}: January Edition!

{Pretty} 


 I promised a better picture of the china plates I hung in our kitchen.  I still love the light that reflects off of the white, and I do like the blue accents.   Add in some Trader Joe's flowers and my kitchen is a happy place!  (Am I the only one who is a complete sucker for TJ flowers?!  I feel positively giddy upon entering that store.  The flowers, closely followed by the boxed mango slices...I have my weaknesses.)

...when it's gray outside, color in the school room gives me glimmers of hope!  (That, and the Trader Joe flowers...)

{Happy}

Eowyn "works" at a little table in our schoolroom.  we've been making lots and lots of valentines lately.  I noticed her bare little toes the other day--made me so happy I didn't care about everything else that littered the school room floor!

 
After snapping the picture of Eowyn's footsies, I came into the kitchen to see this sweet moment between Legolas and our doodle.  she's pushing ten months, which means she's honing in on her full size.  Reina is so sweet!  It almost makes up for the fact that she's a really big puppy, and has lots of kinks to work out.

{Funny}

I was clearing pictures on my camera phone.  My two year old had been snapping pics all morning apparently.  Wanna take a tour of our home through the eyes of our toddler?

 (Love toes)!

First selfie!!

 And, then she hones in on the dog:



What is she eating?
 Yes, those are toys littering our school room floor.


Yes, our school room is a mess this morning... any other questions?


 Wait: those are my toddlers at the table in the background!  Who took these?  Rosie? Bilbo?



 {Real}

Ouch!  Poor Aragorn caught a fly snowiceball on Tuesday.  Gimli felt terrible.  He didn't actually throw it at Aragorn.  It was launched over a large vehicle in the general direction of Aragorn.  Anyway, lesson learned.  No snowballs after the snow has sat long enough to turn icy.

No comments:

Post a Comment