"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, November 13, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} Martinmas!

{Pretty}

One of the benefits of celebrating Martinmas: bright and warm, jewel-toned candles over the hearth just as the days grow cold and dark.  Heartening during nasty weather. 


{Happy}

I pulled out our math manipulatives yesterday!


My husband has had to take over the math education of our older children.  I do great through about 3rd grade.  Yep, I'm a "liberal arts grad" for a reason!  This year the oldest four are totally "his".  The positive is that I have SO much more time to work with the little ones!  All kinds of happy for me.:)

                                     


{Funny}

What was I thinking letting my kids mod podge on my dining room table?!




Who does this? Honestly. #howoldamI? #willIeverlearn?

{Real}

This cute little fella has been roaming our forest for a couple of weeks now.




Sadly, he didn't look very healthy, and since he bedded down next to our house yesterday, Arwen insisted we call for help.  The Animal Rescue team said that many raccoons contract distemper this time of year, for which there is no cure.  But they came and got him and will help the little guy if they can:




 

Made for a fun little nature study yesterday afternoon!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment