"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Snow Day and a Two Year Old!

The forecast predicted 7-10 inches of snow to fall between 9 pm last night and today.  When we put the kids to bed it wasn't snowing (some of the older kids did see it just starting).

Of course, one of the first things we had to know when we woke up: did it snow?!!

Yes it did!


This morning's view from the back windows:


It was so beautiful outside, and so cozy inside:


I came into the front room to find another window-gazer:


You can see the shoveling and footprints in the snow.  The boys were out playing football.  It was probably 7:30 am.  I don't blame them.  I dragged Reina out for her first run in the snow.  I had to drag her off of the porch since she was afraid of the snow.  By the time we turned for home, she was loving it!  I think realizing she could eat it really made the difference.  I really really love the first snow.



You know what?  It snowed the morning after Eowyn was born.  I saw the snow from the hospital window and I was so so happy.  Yesterday my baby turned Two!  My nieces came over the day before and made little rose mini-cupcakes that we dusted with powdered sugar and pink sprinkles.  Eowyn's not that into cake, and REALLY loves her ice cream, so I kept the "cake" simple and got some vanilla ice cream.  With Thanksgiving on Thursday, I didn't want to over-do the sweets.


 The dollie is one that laughs if you squeeze it, from her Aunt who has seen Eowyn throw fits over her cousin's doll.


(That's a happy tongue hanging out. lol)

Present from us: pots for her beloved kitchen set!


Must love two-year-olds!  Their cuteness definitely makes up for the tantrums (and yes, they've begun).  Goodness I love these little ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment