"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, October 16, 2017

Fast October Update

1)  Meet Harry!

Bilbo fell in love with this little guy and came home from the pet shop determined to earn money for him.  I wasn't inclined to follow through on the purchase, but my husband was up for it, so...
how I can I say no to a 9 year old boy who wants a turtle?!

(photo credit: Arwen)
 2) "Miracle of the Sun" cookies.  Of course I have to blog this, because I didn't make them (Bilbo and Galadriel did), but they turned out so cute!  The 13th was miserably dreary, so the fake sun made me very happy!


3) Sneak peek at my "purple wiseman" for a nativity co-op I joined!  I can't wait to see what the other wooden dolls will look like!  These get a coat of Mod Podge, they have faces, and I added a different sparkle to their turban (you can't really see it in this picture, but there is purple glitter on their robes).  I'll try to remember to get a picture when they're all finished!


4) Just because I want to document, Bilbo got chosen to be the Miter bearer for the Bishop's Mass at our parish's 100th Anniversary Mass.  So special!


5) We've got two birthdays this week, and the first one is today: my husband's!  He's sitting with my little girls at ballet right now, but cake is waiting for him when he gets home!

Arwen turns 16 this week!  I hope to have some fun pics to share soon!  

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment