"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, October 6, 2017

7QT: Fast Friday

(Linking up here)

I know, these are "quick takes".  I'm emphasizing "quick" today.

-1-

Pumpkin Farming


 It's that time of year again!  We returned to our family's traditional pumpkin farm.  It was a gorgeous sunny fall day and we beat the school kids to the picking this year, so Bilbo scored an enormous pumpkin!

This fun trip made me acknowledge that my hopes of growing our own pumpkins this year were a fail.  I mean, I never even bought seeds.  Then it was too late.  But, if I had grown them, we wouldn't have had this awesome field trip.  I would, however, have saved myself $6 on Bilbo's pumpkin (robbery!)  Next year!!!  




-2-

fuzzy friend

-3-
Favorite new play space: the waiting room at Speech Therapy (for Legolas)!


-4-

 I got this picture of my FIVE sons watching football.  Eowyn photobombed the "my boys" picture.  She's kindof owning it in her pink dress.  Princess among the throng.


-5-

I call this "happy and happier!"


-6-

Science

(Ginormous mushroom found in our yard after a rainfall.)



-7-

Arwen's first sketch from art class.  Funny, I totally remember the kids who took art in my high school doing the exact same still life exercise.  Arwen isn't a huge fan of still life, but I thought she did a pretty nice job.



No comments:

Post a Comment