"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Third Week of Advent


It is cold cold cold outside!  And white.  And bright.  We're definitely looking at a "white Christmas" this year, which I think is important. ;)  I am not sure my in-laws will agree.  My in-laws from the Southwest who are due to arrive the day before Christmas Eve!  16 years ago they came for Christmas--two days before our wedding!  It was very cold and very snowy then, too.  My brother-and-sister-in-law's family cancelled their return flight home and flew directly to California for a week.

They were that cold.

We've started baking cookies!


We had to make "St. Lucy's Eyeballs" (aka Mexican Wedding Cakes) for St. Lucy's feast day:

 It sort of derailed our home schooling day so I think I'm going to have to be patient and wait until our official break from school before I tackle more baking in the kitchen.

How serious am I about combating the winter blues?  I gotta have light.  So, sometime before Thanksgiving I called someone and ended up living like this for a few days:

Resulting in this:

that's 25 can lights in my ceiling.  Let there be light!

The lights are LED, which have their plusses and minuses.  I hit the lights during school hours or dim afternoons, but the truth is I turn them off in the early mornings and evening hours and opt for the warm glow of lamps and Christmas lights.  


Sam is starting to grab for toys and get very interactive.  He is full of smiles and laughter.  I know he's trying to say "Mama".  My husband isn't convinced yet, but he'll see.  It's on the tip of Sam's tongue!  He is at such a perfect age for his first Christmas, and I am in love with his Christmas pajamas!  Actually, all three of my little ones are darling in them.  I am kindof a sucker for Christmas pajamas, or actually any pajamas on little kids!  The funny thing is, so is my husband.  He always grabs new pairs for Legolas (usually Spiderman or Batman ones--how sad are we?).  I'm not sure what we've come to when buying pajamas for our toddlers is our splurge.  But really, cute, right?


Off to my exercise bike!  I'm delaying.  Did I mention that I miss my outdoor runs?  Highly prefer the outdoors.  Oh well.  Must get cardio!

Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment