"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, March 4, 2016

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real::March Comes in like a Lion

{real}

It's March!  And yes, it came in like a lion.

You all have seen the epic film "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers,"correct?  If not, you will watch it tonight.  With your entire family.  Then you will be singing with me the "winter is oh-so-long" song of the kidnapped brides-to-be: "March comes in like a lion, what else? Still the snow never melts!"  I cannot tell you how much I love that movie.  

{happy}


If it just had to snow, it sure was a nice surprise when the neighborhood girls rang our doorbell and asked to play!  I had five out back making snow igloo homes yesterday.  I will absolutely never ever ever take for granted having neighborhood friends that are sweet and the same ages as my kids.  It's a home schooling mother's boon.  A boon, I say!:)



{Pretty}

After almost surviving February, we got a bout of stomach flu on the 29th.  Now we've got some coughs and body aches and a few warm foreheads.  Please, Spring, come quickly!

I think I had the chills, or else it was actually just cold in our house, but I had the kids build a couple of fires for us this week.  They never complain about that fun task!

I am 100% crazy about pure beeswax candles.  The flames are so much brighter than other candles!
I got a bunch blessed on Candlemas, but I know they'll never last the year.  




The pink and red of Valentine's Day and February has given way to the green of St. Patrick and his Shamrocks.


{Real}

Ouch!  Little Cricket got a broken leg!! This is why we must never own any such dainty breed.  Cricket is getting pampered over at her home with her very devoted owners, who are keeping that cast dry and Cricket as sedentary as a little puppy can possibly be kept.

With as many times as Cricket has been mentioned in our family rosary, I have no doubt that this little friend will be all healed up in no time!



No comments:

Post a Comment