"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Life is Crayzee :: A Daybook

I've had so little time for blogging lately!!  Lots of home schooling, basketball, and housework these mid-February days.  


Outside my window:  Friday was a ridiculous weather day with gusts of wind around 50 mph.  It blew ALL day.


The morning sky was glorious.  There was lots and lots of "melt".


Saturday left us in pools of mud.  My kids had the best day ever.  Our basketball hoop broke free of the mound of ice and snow it was locked into after the plowing and was finally rotated towards the driveway.  Muddy muddy hands, and fresh rosy faces.  Leave shoes outside, happy Mom inside. :)

Saturday night babysitting:  Arwen babysat my niece last night.  My niece is 4 years old, so Arwen spent her evening in the company of this little friend.




Am I getting carried away with all of the pictures?  Too many?

And she got paid for this!?!!

"Cute and Cuddly things" revisited:  Remember that it wasn't just puppies I was excited about last week!  Someone made her entrance into this world!!  It's a girl!! I'm an Aunt like 20-times over, and it's eversy bit as amazing, wonderful, joyful and love-filled with this new precious!

I didn't obtain permission to blog this one, so I'm taking liberties and just sharing a couple that I am personally fond of.  My hubs:

He's so cute with babies! You have to know that he's secretly terrified.  Yes, father of ten (or 8, count how you like).  

 And this one of me.  I barely got to hold my newest niece.  Eowyn was having NONE of it.  She screamed and cried, and made my niece cry, and I had to pass the baby back to my sister.  But I got this one moment of love--can you see I'm in heaven?! (Ok, maybe I just blinked, but I read heaven!!)


So now it's Sunday: We were slow on the uptake this morning and had to head to our neighborhood church instead of to the parish we belong to.  Eowyn is into wearing "a pretty dress" every day, which is not possible.  A "pretty" dress is not just a cute play dress.  Nope.  It's full-on Easter Sunday.  Think crinoline.  (I store our girls' old fanciest dresses in Eowyn's closet, which is where this all began).  Well, today being Sunday, Eowyn "talked" me into wearing her Easter dress.  It's sleeveless, as fancy dresses often are, and I couldn't find a sweater.  Then we couldn't find tights.  She needed a diaper and her hair combed too, and we were minutes away from the time Mass starts.


 My husband managed a diaper and the hot-pink flashing-light tennis shoes I bought for her yesterday.  No sweater, tights, or hair combing.

I might have died a thousand deaths on the way back from communion.  I tried to grow in humility.

The thing is, my other kids looked pretty good!  I even curled Arwen's hair!  --sigh--

I try.

Plans for the week:  Gimli has his final tournament game today.  They're in contention for first place.  Poor Aragorn was in contention for last, and they lost.  We're just games away from wrapping up this season.

I've got to do a serious Lenten purge!  "40 bags for 40 days" style.  I'm determined to clear this home out.  Some people can organize.  I have no abilities in this area.  All I can do is get rid of our possessions.  Then I clean, and we live in relative order.

Relative, that is, to the number of people who live in this home.  And relative to the fact that we all NEVER leave!!! Homeschooling does have that added aspect: it's at home.  A good place to be, but the  mom doesn't really get the family out from 7:30 am till 3 pm (plus sports practice).  But of course, that's one argument FOR homeschooling, too.  Perspective, right?


Ignore the buddhist references, and this book is my philosophy in a nutshell!  Highly recommend…but not if you're awesome at storing things.  In that case, pack-rat away!:)

Enough deep thoughts out of me--hope you are enjoying your Second Sunday in Lent!
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment