"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, March 18, 2016

PHFR: Southwest March

{Pretty}

I've shared this view before, but it's always amazing to me to think that people live with a view of the mountains full-time.  It's very exotic to a midwestern gal like me.  I hope I never take it for granted.



Blue blue skies and always sunshine!  But...wind too.  And with the wind, allergies.  I've been hiding indoors this past week.  I did get out to take these pictures yesterday afternoon.

{Happy} 




{Real}

Ever read "Where the Red Fern Grows"?  Have your kids?  Wanna show them a real live "ghost coon"?!  This white raccoon was trapped on my mother-in-law's farm yesterday morning and released into a safe wild area last night.  His ear was chewed on and his tail was as well, but he'd been getting at the farm cat lately.  "Pablo", the farm hand, had seen one before in his life about 30 years ago.  These creatures are pretty rare.  They are also very hard to catch!  We were lucky to get in on this experience.



 And our traveling-doodle Miss Reina!  She is 100% awesome in the car!  A three day roadtrip and nary a whimper from our little companion.  I'm soooo happy she's here with us.  She was a little wary of that big backyard (deserty wilderness) behind our home, but she's learned to love running further than her electric fence will let her back home.  I just need to find a groomer to shave her down--lotsa brambles and prickers for her soft and fluffy fur to catch onto around here.


1 comment:

  1. Those precious girls and their doll babies is so sweet. I know what you mean about the mountains. I'm used to the hills of western KY, and I never get used to or tired of the majestic Rockies.

    ReplyDelete