"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

{PFHR} July in pictures

{Pretty}

                                                                 


{Happy}



romping on the sidelines of another baseball game


The first of Arwen's seven medals, won during our town's festivities on the 4th of July: 2nd place for the 5K "Fun Run"!  And for those who were wondering--she tied for first in the bike decoration contest!!

{not-so-Funny-but-very-much-our-Real}

This has been a remarkably cool summer!  The evenings have gotten ridiculously cold.  I bring blankets, jackets, even winter coats to the baseball and softball games.




Even Reina curled up in a blanket and fell asleep!



I won't complain--if it gives me a chance at a cuddle!  Eowyn will be 20 months old on the 20th, and I'm not expecting another yet.  This is the first and far-and-away the longest break I've ever had between children.  How can my baby be not only walking and talking, but running and playing with the big kids?! Un Real.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 7 medals?! Congrats, Arwen! I was wondering how the bike decorating went. Thanks for the update! I hear ya on the cold weather! The baseball season has been brutal this year. Can't wait for it to end! Is that bad? Keep enjoying your baby break. 20 months already?!? She gets cuter every day!!! (And I personally cannot get enough of the pictures of her curls!)

    ReplyDelete