"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Midsummer Daybook


Outside my window:  Warm and muggy.  It rained last night.  I let the dog out in the rain this morning, but it looks like it's stopped now.  I don't mind the rain in the least!  My flowers are very happy (I'll get Arwen to find us some new pretty pictures soon!)


Plans for the week:  dentist appointments.  Every mother with children knows that getting through the annual check-ups is a huge victory.  I've got two this morning, had one last week, and a couple more later this week.   Check!

So excited:  I should have shared this a long time ago because Arwen first did this--and completed a full nine months of prayer, twice!!:  spiritually adopting a baby who is at risk of abortion.  Well, she's got us all doing it now.  My baby is "Philomena Grace".  Aragorn chose "Vincent Anthony" for his baby, and Gimli chose "Andrew Philip".  Arwen wants me to add that her current baby is "Emma Cecilia."  We will pray this prayer every day for nine months:

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you very much!
I beg you to spare the life of _________, the unborn baby
that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion. Amen.

Somehow, choosing a name makes it seem so personal, and is an awesome way to do something very powerful and concrete for the Pro-Life movement.  If you are doing this, or have done it, share your baby's name with us in the comments!

**Arwen just informed me that this was Fulton Sheen's prayer!  I'm probably the last person to know about this.

Pets...pets...My mom asked me if the bunnies were taking backseat now that the puppy is here.


The thing is, bunnies are very different pets than dogs.  They're messier (think Timothy Hay and bedding), but they're outside.


They are also quieter.  Silent, really.  And oh-so-fluffaliciously cute!

love me!
So, no, they're not being neglected.  At least not while the weather is nice and we're out back anyway.

We still love our bunnies. :)

No. No this is not a picture of "the curls". This is all about the bunnies. What's that? You WANT to see the curls? Well, ok.

Curls interlude:




And now, back to the bunnies:




Thankful: Galadriel received the Annointing of the Sick this past Sunday in preparation for her surgery.  I know it is not super high-risk, but she will be put out, and there are risks involved.  I am just so very grateful to our wonderful pastor for being so willing to accomodate us in giving us the Sacraments at a moments notice--again.  Did I ever mention that I called him from the hospital on Friday to schedule a Baptism on Saturday night because I wanted Eowyn to be baptised on the Feast of Christ the King?  No? Well, I did. And my sainted mother hosted a dinner party afterward for us--and our wonderful Godparents (who also humored us by wisking their six children to the event as well!)  ...be glad if you only know me here on the blog.  I don't think I'm an easy friend to have in real life.  heh heh

Procrastinating: I am going to plan our upcoming school year one of these days...soon! And I'd love to share about those plans soon. Soon. I'm going to.  I just have to do it.  I want to.  I mean, I love school...it's just...that...well, it's summer!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the prayer idea, the bunnies, the CURLS, and had a very enjoyable time at the last minute baptism. Funny story...I was cleaning out one of our closets and found a wrapped baptism gift that I lost and never gave you. I have no idea what's inside but I figure I'll just find out when I give it to you. Well, that's assuming I actually remember to bring it along with me the next time I see you. In other words, don't hold your breath! :)

    ReplyDelete