"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Big, Bigger, Biggest

I need a picture of my belly to share on line.

My babies have all been over 8 pounds.  Let's say this baby will be 8.5, a nice average for my kids.  Go to the grocery store's meat section and stack up four two-pound packs of ground beef.  Mentally throw on another half pound.  THAT is IN ME!

(Let's not think about the fact that that has to somehow get OUT, too).

Anyway, just sharing a thought as I sit here, somewhat weighted down, sometimes a bit stranded under the weight of my baby.

It's good, though. It makes me overcome the urge to avoid labor and delivery.  It makes me more eager to meet this baby--the sooner the better, really.  Because there just comes a time where the impulse to delay the work involved in caring for a newborn is overcome by the impulse to be able to BREATHE again!


No comments:

Post a Comment