"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, November 4, 2013

A little crazy



Ever feel like things are turned upside down?  (haha, cheesy joke)

Aragorn
 The baby is on the way and I've been trying to get the house ready...a much larger task than I might wish for, given the daily wear-and-tear that keeps those extra rearranging bedroom type projects not the easiest to get to.  So far I have rearranged the girls' room, moved Legolas' crib to the big boys' room (because our nursery is freezing in the winter--just too far from the furnace), and set up the new baby's crib, etc, in our room.  I'll get pics up of that cute stuff soon, just for fun:).

This morning I am sharing the final rose of the season which bloomed and then got stunted by the cold. I still thought it was beautiful, so I asked Arwen to take a picture of it and then we floated it in some water when we discovered that some young botanist had picked it! (I hate to blame Bilbo without direct evidence;)).
photo credit: Arwen
A beautiful late-fall rose.  Happy Monday! (Wish me luck on the home-front--more details on that to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment