"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Overheard

I was looking for summer clothes on-line with Eowyn.  I saw a dress that I liked for her, but she did not like it.

"Do you like that one?" she asked.

"Yes" I said.

"Then you can buy it for someone else" she replied.

And that was that.  No shopping today.

No comments:

Post a Comment