"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, May 11, 2018

AN 8TH BIRTHDAY

Rosie is the third of four girls, number 6 in our family of 9.  She has five brothers: three older, two younger.  It's hard to get more "middle" than Rosie.  

I guess people say middle children get lost in the shuffle.  Rosie is much more often in the midst of the action.  She is rarely left out, whether she's playing up or down, with older siblings or younger, with brothers or with sisters.  She's pretty quick to snatch the spot next to Mom on the couch or jump in the car to run errands.  It seems that Rosie is right in the heart of the family.

She is usually playing with someone, and she doesn't like to be bored.  She has a very loud laugh and she loves to laugh.

ballet performance with Eowyn
A little bit like Bilbo, Rosie is up for anything!  Bilbo bought her a fishing pole for her birthday this year, because he likes to let others in on his favorite pastime.  And because he and Rosie are good friends.  I love how siblings will play together and don't segregate like boys and girls tend to in school.
chicks at Aunt Buffy's farm
 Galadriel and Rosie make up dances on a daily basis, and dance for me before bedtime.  Believe me, it's entertaining!  While Galadriel is a "tween", she gets to have as much fun as she wants with Rosie, playing paper dolls or with the neighborhood girls.  I'm so glad she has Rosie to keep her young and sweet.  I love how siblings help each other do that.

puppies at Aunt Ann's
Rosie has the prettiest blue eyes, and I have six children with blue eyes.  I didn't say hers were prettier than her siblings, they are just the prettiest!

Did I mention she has dimples?
"Two-headed monster" with Legolas
 She is fun and silly
 she loves her sisters
 and her brothers

Sam loves her a lot, and everyone wants Sam to love them!  Rosie's just lovable.


This year Rosie has read over 15 "Nate the Great" and a bunch of "Magic Tree House" books.  She's really getting to be a good little reader!  She's also awesome at getting her school work done for me, and she always wants to start with math!  What an answer to prayer!

Rosie really was an answer to prayer!  I couldn't wait for her to come, and when she did, she was perfect!

Each of her 8 years have been a blessing to us all!

Happy Birthday, Rosie!


No comments:

Post a Comment