"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas Recap

 Reina needed a little lap time this afternoon, after a raucous Christmas Eve party.  I should count how many people were here--lets just call it 30, round numbers.  There was a pageant, presents, FOOD, and a fire incident.  I'll have to save that story for another post.


This tree died two weeks ago.  Stopped taking water, and then it shriveled, withered, and wilted.  But it held it's place dutifully as the presents were placed beneath the tree on Christmas Eve.


The thing about the Christmas tree is the lights!  That gentle glow in the mornings and evenings.


Snuggling in Christmas pj's, reading books, watching Christmas movies.


At the last minute (the 23rd?) we frosted Christmas cookies.  It's really something, frosting cookies, with 9 children!

 Something merry and bright!  (and yes, sticky, messy)


My Christmas present from Galadriel:


I'll have to see if Arwen can find a way to rotate this, but I bought her artist pens for Christmas and she drew this:


This is what my blogging has come to: captions surrounding pictures.  But, I figure it'll hold us over until I have time to write profound thoughts.  I'm not sure I have those anymore.  

And the day after Christmas? Visiting cousins!  What a reunion!






No comments:

Post a Comment