"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

17 Months

I know my baby isn't really young enough to justify tracking his life by months, but I just can't seem to stop.  And when December 4th rolled around, Sam hit seventeen months.  I feel like it's been more like seven.


Where in the world does the time go?  Sam is a joyful, sweet, energetic little toddler who loves to play ball, play outside with his big brothers, loves his siblings, loves Reina our labradoodle.

 At the hotel on our road trip over Thanksgiving, he had a little too much fun sleeping with me in the "not-a-crib".  I think he thought it was a trampoline.  Crazy kid.




One thing that I should probably work on, but find really cute, is that he recently has become totally jealous of me!  If I pick up any other child, he's not happy.  I should probably teach him that he needs to share me, but, usually, I just find a way to hold him too.  He's my baby after all! 

So, not much of a post, but I couldn't hold back from a quick Sam update!  

No comments:

Post a Comment