"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Wedding Weekend

The wonderful thing about weddings is that they are really important.  They affect the course of the human race.  They certainly affect the family.  Not just the bride and the groom, but their parents and siblings.  Everyone's lives will be forever changed.

This past weekend, my third brother got married.  This brought in my brother from Europe and my sister from even-further-Northern-Midwest than we are!  
cousins from 4 families represented here
As the oldest sister, with the most kids to transport and the largest house, I was privileged to be the meeting place for everyone to gather and rehearse the songs that we do sing at the rehearsal dinner.
it's been far too long!!
 We hadn't been together for a year.  In that year three new babies were born and two other babies went from being infants to being One-year-olds.  So, what else?  We passed the children around! They had to meet their aunties and cousins!





love!



Then came the preparations.  My sister made the mani-pedi happen for me!  My husband may have been a little shocked when she wisked me off after dinner, after the above day of socialization, but I'm sure glad she did!


The wedding was a 1 pm, so by 9:30 am I was starting to get the girls ready.  I set up Angelina Ballerina on the laptop so I could braid Eowyn's hair without screaming!

 And on to Galadriel...then Rosie, Arwen, and myself...that's a lot of hair!

I have never (NEVER) cried so much at a wedding.  I don't know if it's because the groom is one of my youngest siblings and I just feel so lovingly toward him, or if it was because the bride was just. so. beautiful!!

They are both awesome dancers.
There is so much to say, if I were to try to say anything about the wedding.  How special it was, how joyful, how fun!  But I don't even have the time to try!  It was perfect.  Now, just one more brother to find a wife for!  I LOVE WEDDINGS!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment