"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Final Days of July

Look what was in our neighborhood!!


I texted a picture of these wild turkeys to my sisters and they all started joking that it was my husband and I with the kids.  Very funny girls.  Keep laughing.  #justyouwait


 I cannot tell you how much I am relishing every day of this summer!  I've been at the pool twice as much as I usually am because my sister with twin 5-month-olds goes every day.  I take my kids, and if I'm lucky, I get a chance to hold one of them for her.  Must. Love. Twins.  (I mean, hers.  Honestly, I'm going to own right now that I'm pretty certain there is a reason that I wasn't blessed with them myself! #mysisterisasuperwoman #shehassuperpowers)


My 1-year-old is still not walking, but he is EVERYWHERE!!!   Dirty dirty knees = baths every night! (The pool helps).  Sam is actually taking a new turn from a placid, peaceful baby to a One Year Old with a drive and determination to keep up with all 8 of his older siblings.  It might be the red hair.  And, he bites.  So, as much as I dote upon this angel of a baby, the disciplining has begun.  I just shake his jaws from my (usually) shoulder and grab his little chubby jowls and say "no biting!"  He laughs and we move on.

Still doing good in the food department.

 (Pizza)

Two childhood/high school friends happened to be in the area this week.  One of them has upsized to a 12-passenger van.  Her father-in-law is in the car business, so she and her husband opted to have their car detailed:


Is this awesome or what?  Gosh I wish we had done that for "The Golden Beast" (remember her?) but I'm pretty sure we'll leave "Timberwolf" off of our current vehicle, although that's his name.

And finally, to end this post, I'm going to own right here that I miss something this summer.  They're fluffy, they're cute, and they made for the best blog photos!

But, also messy.  And something extra Mama doesn't need to take care of.  (I guess).  Sniff, sniff.



Happy Final days of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment