"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, January 6, 2017

Pictureless

My phone is messed up, so I have no photos.  Well, I do, but I can't get them onto the computer.  I'm working on this.

In the meantime, blogging takes a hit without photos.

Sam turned 6 months old and is saying "Da-da"!  I am pretty sure he says it cuter than any other baby did before.  Is it just me, or is every new baby always always always the cutest you've ever had?!  I'm telling you, Sam is record-breaking darling!  Plumpalicious.  Love. him. so. much.


Was that gush too much?  Please, just indulge a mother of 9.  I'll stop. (for now)

We are back at it with school.  Yikes!  Lots of work cut out for us from here on out!  Galadriel and Aragorn are almost through their vision therapy (more on that in another post).  Galadriel has shown awesome improvement in school, and now we are hitting Spelling hard.  Aragorn is doing a "writing workshop" with me, in which I also got him started on keyboarding skills.   I discovered "typing club.com" and I really like the old-fashioned way it teaches to type (i.e. no games, simple lay-out).  I've got my first 4 using it now.

I am doing speech therapy with Legolas, who (unlike Gimli) is able to form all of the sounds, but out of habit speaks incorrectly.  Did you know you can google "how to teach [whatever letter] sound" and you can find instructions?  I tried it with Gimli and wasn't able to help him (we went to therapy for about 6 months a few years ago so he could "get" his /r/s and /s/s.)  With Legolas, he's able to make all of the sounds, so I have to be consistent about practicing and reminding him throughout the day in order to help him make those sounds the way he speaks.  I hope that made sense.  Anyway, the chart on-line that I found gives kids until they are 8 years old to be able to make the sounds on their own, so Legolas, still 4, is at least on a good path for now.

Always something with kids, isn't it?!

Rosie just finished her first "Wreath" in Little Flowers.  My sister hosted a very small group and Rosie absolutely loved it!!  Unlike Arwen and the older boys, Rosie wasn't raised with weekly playdates and celebrations, so this was very special for her.   If I can get my act together, I want to do Blue Knights and Little Flowers this semester...I just have to order some books and go ahead and schedule it with a few friends!  Sounds easy, doesn't it?  I've been meaning to do this since Fall! (hello baby #9).

Guess that's it!

We have 8 (yes, 8) basketball games this weekend.  My sister has a baptism up in MN, which I am sadly unable to make (sob) of her sweet little baby GIRL!  And while I'm talking about sisters and babies, say a prayer that my sister who is expecting TWINS can get Baby A to FLIP!!!  Because right now the baby's breech and she's looking at a c-section.

Ok, my time's up.  Fun to be back:).



No comments:

Post a Comment