"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Last Day of January

I know I've been entirely absent...lets see if I can give a quick little update.

Look who's sitting!!


Love this shot of his hair!  And no, it will never be cut! 


Almost 7 months old?? Where is my newborn?!  And he cut two teeth too!  I'm not ready for any of these milestones with Sam, but I cherish every detail of his little self.

Looking ahead...Candlemas is February 2nd.  I am pretty much addicted to having blessed candles to light during family prayer time.  I really really love having them blessed on this Feast of the Presentation.  


These are from the Dominican Sisters in New Jersey! (summitdominicans.org)  You must check out their website, and if you are lucky, when you order from them you might get one of their little newsletters that updates you on their life.  I was entirely charmed by the very funny and joyful glimpse I got into life as a cloistered nun!  

I absolutely have to add that the fact that they have a golden retriever (named Sabina) reminded Galadriel and I of her favorite mystery series about nuns!  




When I ordered the beeswax candles I added a candle snuffer to the cart.  It was only $10, and it supports the nuns--I had to buy it!  My kids absolutely love it, as children do.  And I just have to say, candle snuffers.  That's all.  I'm just saying.  Would it be weird if I started a collection? 


I couldn't give up this one last strand of Christmas lights, the ones in my kitchen.  I plug the lights in as I get my coffee and skip the glaring overhead lights until I'm a little more awake.   So, we updated the look: Galadriel and I ditched the Christmas garland she had made and replaced it with a felt heart garland that she sewed for me.  



And are we seeing the sunshine in that window?!  Yes, the picture is over exposed and I don't know how to work my new phone's camera.  But after two weeks of too much grey, I am very (VERRRYY) happy to report that the sun doth shine!

Have a good rest of the week!  And don't forget to get your throat blessed on Friday- the Feast of St. Blaise!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe he's sitting up already! Where has the time gone? I feel like you just had him a few weeks ago. Love the pics of him and his big sis! Oh, and the heart garland is so cheerful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete