"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

More on measurements

Rosie is clearly struggling with her sense of measurements.  A few posts back I recorded her asking how much she "cost" as she stepped onto the scale.

Over Easter she was telling her dad and Uncle Mike about a dead frog that we passed on the road. (It was right on the path and we actually walked right over it.)  Uncle Mike asked her how far away it was from her.  Rosie answered in silence, because Rosie is shy and answers no one outside of our family.  So, her father followed up on the question:

Dad: "Yes Rosie, how far was the dead frog from you?"

Rosie: "I don't know"

Dad: "Was it close or far?"

Rosie: "I don't know, like, how many miles??




The next day we were getting gas and my husband got into the car.  Rosie asked: "How many inches did you get?"  I sat in the front seat completely confused by her question.  My husband replied "I got 20 gallons".

Three year olds!

1 comment: