"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I hate to justify...


my dirty house, but this gives me a little bit of an excuse to ignore the mess, at least for a little while…don't you agree?:)


When I hear the confession of a young married man or woman, and they refer to their son or daughter, I ask, ‘How many children do you have?’ and they tell me. Maybe they’re expecting another question after that, but I always ask “And tell me, do you play with your children? Do you waste time with your children? The free gift of a parent’s time is so important.”
-Pope Francis. 

1 comment: