"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Oops! (I forgot) The mountains

Just because I feel like I never capture the mountains from our back porch, I thought I'd add this picture. It's not a great shot. but it proves that you can really see the Rockies from our yard (this is just to the north of the previous photo in the post below). Pretty pretty pretty. Would you believe that I often gaze upon the mountains and yearn for lands in the North and imagine the distance between this place and my home land?
I do try to acknowledge and glory in the beauty of God's creation while I am there. But there is just something about "home".
Now you see what I see when I go.  You can judge for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Holy blogging day! Wow is all I can say! Love it. You must be nesting!

    Thanks for the pictures of NM. I always wonder what it's like when you go away for weeks at a time. This helps me picture you there. Although I think that the view is pretty, it just seems so desolate to me. I can't help but prefer the lush green look better. But the southwest has a certain beauty too. It's pretty awesome that you get to spend time there. Your kids get to experience a different environment and landscape in person instead of just seeing pictures in a book. That's something to be thankful for!

    And thanks for making me feel pathetic about my own breakfast endeavors! Cold cereal and pop tarts are staples around here. You've inspired me to focus on making better breakfasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...J was out late so I had all sorts of time to post stuff I had been meaning to. As for breakfast, it's a pipe dream to think I always cook hearty breakfasts. I just know it's what my kids need...or I"ll pay for it later. Usually I pay later!:)

      Delete
  2. Ahem? I took the "not great" shot.
    Anna Kateri

    ReplyDelete