"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Note to Self

If you are frantically scouring your home as your husband picks your Mother-in-Law up from the airport.  If time is running short and your heart races every time you look at the clock.  If you are shouting orders to the poor child who decided not to go along for the ride (a million thanks are owed to Gimli, my poor victim!).

Your home will look beautiful.  But you will look like a fright.

I think I stopped sweating 30 minutes after my Mother-in-Law arrived.
Not. Awesome. Planning.


No comments:

Post a Comment