"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Spring has broken!

I'm taking a break from my posts on baby stories. Quite honestly, I'm worn out!

The daffodils are in bloom, slightly past their prime now.  The tulips are ready to burst. I have some hyacinth that look so frilly against the forest that borders our yard. I plan on lining our forest with bulbs this fall, so that next spring I'll have even more in bloom.  The first flowers of Spring are such a celebration after a long Northern Midwest winter.  I have lots of plans for my yard, but since the plan is that we will again be headed Southwest for the summer to visit my in-laws, we'll see what I get done.

We are finishing up track season, with indoor soccer over as of last Saturday.  Phew! With four children in competitive sports this year, my husband and I are re-assessing our family's activity quota.  Given that my kids are sports fiends, I am not sure how we'll find the balance.  Funny thing is, I'm making all sorts of plans for this summer.  I want to do swimming as usual, but also try to do horseback riding since it's just the right area of the country, and because I have one little boy who really wants to gallop. This little boy doesn't usually want (or ask for) much.  He's my easy one (#3), and I'd love to make him happy on this little wish.  Finally, I am determined to find a piano teacher in my parents-in-law's hometown.  I am absolutely certain that three months off would be devastating to our arduous efforts over the past 9 months.  Our three week Christmas break (plus two weeks during the floor renovation) almost killed piano in our home.  We're finally making progress again.  My children think I'm ruining their summer. Wait till they hear my math plans!  I fall short of everything I aim for, so I'm sure my children will have a delightfully free and easy summer. Still, a mom has to try.

Along these lines (of game-planning for the summer), I have decided to find an ob-gyn to do my monthly check-ups while I'm there.  I'm not sure I feel secure being out of a doctor's care for that long otherwise. Not with this being my eighth, and let's face facts, I'm not 22 anymore.  I hope I can swing that. We'll see.  I'll have to have my doctor's permission to go from this end anyway.  They're usually fine with my flying. I just have to see about the time in between visits.

Well, that's my update for tonight. Random thoughts, yes. But a nice break from difficult labor stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment