"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Singing with three year olds

My new 3-year-old:
"xyz, klm, qrs (random letters)...I won't sing with you ever again".  (Her version of the alphabet song) Little sweetie.              

-------

This morning we were singing Old Mac Donald together. I began and let her fill in the animals. First, she chose "pig" (with an "oink oink here and and oink oink there"). Second verse:
me: "and on that farm there was a---"
her: "butterfly!"
me: (stunned pause) "ei-ei-o" ... "with a flutter flutter here and a flutter flutter there".

you just never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment