"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

so how come...?

I've got a question.  I'm pregnant.  So is my sister (yea!!!).  So.....why do some women not get sick?  And why do some women not gain weight?

I get it if we all have to suffer these things.  But it's REALLY hard when a bunch of your very own sisters don't.  I'm trying to grow in humility, but mostly I'm feeling very sorry for myself.  Except for the fact that I have children. Quite a good number of children. And they are more than worth it.  And there's always Granny Yoga classes for later.  ...that and reconstructive surgery.
You think I'm kidding you.
I am. hahahaha
I crack myself up.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya! Finally remembered your blog and am so happy to hear that you have a fellow sister to share your pregnancy with. But you are so right, it's just NOT fair that some women don't gain weight and others do. I've still got 7 weeks to go and I feel like I'm going to bust. Honestly, I can barely move around any more. I'm so short of breath and, all of of a sudden, I'm constantly hungry. I can't wait to have this baby!!!! I'm sooo done with pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone's reading!! The end is so hard, but you are SOOOO close!! I'm going to be so jealous when you have your snuggle bug all summer. I'm telling you, the timing is great for home schooling- you'll have a few months under your belt by next September. I'm in BIG trouble with a baby coming right in the middle of our first semester (this hasn't happened since #4, when #1 was only 5!)

      Delete