"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, November 4, 2017

16 Months


Today Sam is 16 months old!  He is starting to talk more, which is incredibly cute and makes me convinced that he's a genius.  What are these advanced words? Well, "up"...and "ball".  Genius, right?

Those words actually really sum up his life right now: he loves me to carry him around, and he loves to chase after a ball.  If my older boys are outside playing, he toddles around near them chasing his own mini ball.  It's a great stage--unless he just runs off toward the street or a huge mud puddle.  In fact, yesterday I had to chase him down in a neighbor's yard where my boys were playing football with a friend.  Sam saw them and took off for the fun.

Teething woes.  My kids always have terrible teething between 1 and 2 years.  They get their teeth late, and then they all come crashing through before the second birthday.  Poor Sam has had a few rough days with teething, and has a big fat new molar to show for it!

And that's about it for this little boy.   What a cutie.

Happy Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment