"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, September 8, 2017

7QT : Friday!

1) We are at the Two-Week mark for being lice-free!  I am still  paranoid and scratching  not convinced that we are in the clear, but I am breathing sighs of relief.  Unfortunately, our neighbors just texted that they have it, so we'll still be playmate-less for another couple weeks.  Let me know if anyone wants the deets on how I (so far) managed to keep the lice from reappearing and from spreading to any of my other 8 children!  If you don't ask, I'll assume it's a topic we'd rather avoid discussing!

2)  Ballet lessons began and Eowyn has done nothing but dance this week.  Funny thing, it's Galadriel who began lessons.  Eowyn begins next week.



Galadriel is so excited that she was placed in the pre-pointe class, which she's a little young for age wise.  It's a half hour longer than the advanced beginning class, and she loves the challenge.

3)  Sporting new bobbed haircuts because of (see #1).  Cute though, right?


4)  I am officially not nursing Sam.  He is officially sleeping through the night in his own room.  While I have always nursed my children for at least a year, (except for Aragorn who got cut short by three weeks because I was starting my second trimester with Gimli), I REALLY struggle physically with nursing.  Think chronic mastitis, thrush, cracked and bleeding nipples... So, I do it for the nutrition and bonding, but it's a labor of love.  While I hate my babies to grow up so fast, I am not going to lie--I am not sorry to be done with the nursing.

Sam seems to be ok with it too!

5) Piano lessons began today, Flag Football for Bilbo starts tomorrow, at some point Rosie gets to start soccer.  The fall activities have begun, and ohmygoodness!!! There is no way I can keep it all straight!

6)  My wise and prudent husband implemented a half-day on Friday rule, where if we get in good schooling 4 days of the week, we can do just Math and two other subjects on Friday.  This was a brilliant idea.  Ask me, I'm the teacher.  

7)  Really horrible pictures taken through my car window, and I was riding shotgun, but look at this!!

 
I think it's a flock of herons?? We see them at our pond all of the time, but only one at a time.  I should google this before I blog it.  If they aren't herons, I apologize.  I didn't know they ate anything except the fish I see them catching, and I certainly never saw five together!  Cool.


Happy Weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment