"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hello March!

This is an old post from the archives, so any time references are way off!

You didn't think I gave up on blogging altogether did you?  Well, I seriously considered it.  But when I was asked by my oldest daughter when the last time I blogged was, and I responded that I thought I might just quit...well we were in the van, all eleven of us, and my kids basically threw a fit!  It's humorous, really.  But they love my blog.  So, hi guys!  Let's post.



 After some gorgeous Spring-like days in February, March came in like a lion: I think we had 8 inches of snow on Monday.  Last night the kids had a snowball fight.






The school kids had off on Monday, so my girls got to sled down the neighbors' front yard (which is a  hill).  Galadriel came home with a snow-mold penguin.
Cute.

Sam turned 8 months old this month.

What's that?  You can't do without an updated photo?

Ok, I guess.  Since you asked!  One hates to overdo these things... (heh heh)

22.5 pounds yes, ma'am.

cutting the top two teeth now (bottom two in)

He laughs, yells, can't-quite-crawl, but can stand if you hold him up...

probably will have to give in and give him his first hair trim soon...
still exclusively breastfeeding, but he LOVES to eat real food when he gets his hands on, say, a roll.

And the only way to transition away from that little update that only a mother could love, is to show you a glimpse of my preemie nephew and his Mama who surprised us last week with a little "look-no-touch" visit with the twins.

                                

 His little twin sister was sleeping in her carseat, so I only got this picture.  A mom has a hard time thinking that other children are cuter than her own, but...my baby sister's babies?  Close competition!

And before this post is done (because who knows when I'll get around to another!) I have to mention that we are D for Done with Vision Therapy!!! It was a 30 week program and Aragorn only forgives his parents for subjecting him to it because he is an exceptional and awesome young man.  There is a theory that it helped improve his basketball shot.  I hope that's true, because I'm pretty sure he didn't "need" the therapy (although they did test him and evaluate him as having made gains in visual tracking).  Galadriel, however, is my little success story.  I have mentioned it before, but the girl was tested as being in the "severe" category with some of her eye tracking issues.  She now wears glasses when she reads and works on a slant board.  But where she once tested at a 2nd grade level for reading, she is now average at her own grade level!  She is reading an average of two Nancy Drew mysteries a week in her spare time, and she is passing her spelling tests each week with usually only one miss.  What else could we do but celebrate on the day they graduated?!  

Since it was Lent, I couldn't bake a cake, so my husband let them choose a place to go out to eat for.  



And that is my update!

Stay tuned...we've got a St. Patrick's Day party planned for our local homeschooling friends!  


No comments:

Post a Comment