"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanksgiving Reprise

30 pound turkey


My dad at work with his electric carving knife.


my sweet (toothed) sister's cool dozen pies of assorted variety.



Remember this from last year's hunting season?  (Aragorn's first buck).


The morning after thanksgiving my husband and brothers once again took my oldest three to the woods.  My sweet oldest girl shot a yearling buck right through the heart!  Broke it into about 4 pieces.  Nice shot babe!   



Not so big, but we've got 30 pounds of venison at the butcher's coming our way.

I am the mother of the original butterball turkey!


Do you put marshmallows on your yams?  Galadriel peeled 9 pounds of yams for me this year!


Just a little flash back from last week's birthday girl:




And...just because I can't resist, a couple more of Sam:




1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of pie! Looks like a great Thanksgiving. Congrats to Arwen!

    ReplyDelete