"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, November 21, 2016

November Daybook

Outside my window:  Distant shouts from a basketball game going on in my neighbor's backyard.  Thanksgiving break has begun for the local school.  Not for us yet, but school is out and the fun has begun this afternoon.

The cold weather finally arrived.  Bilbo has been building fires since the first snow flurries fell.  It's good for him, learning lessons like "is the flue open?!!!"  

I'm not minding the cold yet.  It has still been sunny.   When I lose my sun, prepare to hear whining.


What I'm wearing: my North Face fleece, indoors.  I might not be complaining, but it really is chilly!

(On that note) From the kitchen:  we discovered hot chocolate for the Keurig.  By "we," I mean the children.  'Nuff said.

Also, leftover birthday cake.  Today is the feast of the Presentation of Mary in the Temple.  We'll use that as a nice excuse to re-do last night's dessert!:)

 
Towards living the liturgy:  The Feast of Christ the King is the final Sunday of the Church year.  We celebrated by reconsecrating our family to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts.  We also celebrated someone's birthday!


Next Sunday will be the first Sunday in Advent!  (Ready or not...) I found a beautiful new Advent Wreath this year.  I'm not even really sure what happened to our old one.  Other than that, I always do the St. Andrew's Novena.  Beyond that I'm not sure what I'll get to this year.  I'm all about simple these days.  Simple.


Plans for the week:  Basketball has begun!  Three kids and three practice schedules.  Then I had to go and let Galadriel join choir!  She loves it so much.  She's such a sweetie.  I always wanted to do choir; my sisters did.  I always thought I was tone deaf (maybe I am) but I am happy to encourage my daughter to do something I didn't take the opportunity to try.

And yes, Thanksgiving.  I'm hosting.  I'm in charge of potatoes and yams.  Easy.  Except that we usually have about 30 people.  Given that our family is 11 in itself, 30 isn't that many.  Right? ;)

(And on that note) I am Thankful for:  

My neighbors.  Especially the ones with my dog's littermate brother who comes over to let the dogs run and play most afternoons.  We chat while the dogs romp and it has become something I look forward to as a little break in my mom-day.

My youngest sister's TWIN baby shower coming up!  Well, I'm mostly thankful for the twins!! But also looking forward to a party with my friends and sisters and Mom!  I can't believe I'm an aunt of twins!  As many children as I have, I simply cannot wrap my mind around having two babies at the same time!!


Excuse the random old photos.  I was just scrolling around and picked some that looked fun.

Now I need to stop procrastinating and do something productive...with Sam on my shoulder.  He's sleeping.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment