"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Back to the land of the living

I could be speaking too soon, but I think we've made it through flu week.  I woke up this morning and felt...better.  No one else seemed to have that "look" that leads a mother to keep the child very still, and next to a large bucket. We ate breakfast, went to morning Mass, and got bagels. It's our Saturday routine. And it felt like heaven!
This afternoon a few neighborhood friends came over and the boys played outside and the girls played inside. I made hot chocolate for them. We plan on watching the game tonight (Go Pack Go!).
Sickness makes you realize how wonderful an "ordinary" day is.  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment