"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Sunday, December 29, 2019

November, December...

I'm going to throw this up on the blog, out of chronological order!  It begins with an Advent mantle scene (with our new mantle cloth this year), but tracks backwards to Thanksgiving, when my Mother-in-Law came to visit for a week!

My Mom bought me pieces from the Lennox Nativity every year since my wedding (until I had this much of the set), when I was married two days after Christmas.  There are more pieces that I might start adding myself.  I've got my eye on an elephant and camel!  (Baby Jesus is hiding until Christmas).


Gimli turned 15 and got his annual chocolate cake.  This year it was decorated with candy canes left over from St. Nick's hot chocolate!


We got our new counter tops installed...and we're still waiting for the backsplash to happen sometime in the new year...




Discovered this beautiful "Surrender Novena" (only the outside cover is in French!lol)  I'm working on trust and surrender to God's will and providence in my life.






(Welcome sign for Gramz)
I'll consider this "all caught up"!  Peace and love!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment