"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, June 6, 2019

It's Summer!!!

It's only official when we have our annual end-of-the-school-year field trip to the ZOO!

Flamingoes are Eowyn's obsession, so, we had to track them down.






 I tried to capture as many of my family members as possible.  We were all there together, and next year is Arwen's senior year.  I was deeply aware that these days of all-of-us-at-home are limited.  I also hatched a plan: we will continue this "Zoo" tradition all the way until we're grandparents coordinating a family reunion with 48 grandchildren meeting for a day at the zoo!

 We'll supply endless quarters for everyone to feed the goats.  We'll fill up the entire train and carousel for unlimited rides.  I'll probably be in a wheelchair, but I'll smile and wave, and hold a bag of quarters.

It's going to be perfect.

Just like today was.

No comments:

Post a Comment