"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Saturday Morning Post

Happy belated Feast of St. Francis!  I thought I'd take the opportunity to put some fluffy kitty pictures up for your enjoyment (if you enjoy fluffy kitties).  

Here's Wilma in the morning, when she is all energetic and likes to play.  We took off her collar (that has a flower and bell on it) and let her bat at it like a cat toy:




And here she is in our schoolroom.  I was dictating a spelling list to Galadriel when I noticed our little friend asleep in one of her favorite places, the bookshelf!


If you think critical thoughts of the disorder of the shelving, I will stop posting pictures for you so that you can continue to imagine my home is in a state of perfect tidiness. :)


 Looks like Eowyn's looking for a good read.



 Nope! Just found her friend.


Not to be partial to the feline of the household, I should let you see Reina in action.


She happens to be loved by the toddlers around here lately.  Here she is with my niece, who most definitely takes after her Aunt as a dog-lover.


And tackled by Sam, also a big Reina fan.  He's a little more enthusiastic in showing his love.


We were so excited to be able to visit the first class relics of St. Sharbel, a Lebanese saint with a great devotion to the Eucharist.  He is known for healings obtained through his intercession.


And lastly, some pictures of Sam doing one of his favorite things, deer watching through our back windows in the mornings when he first wakes up.





Sam just turned 27 months on the 4th of October.  No, I don't celebrate his monthly birthdays at this point.  But he's my youngest, so I know.  Two years old!!




I hope I filled your tank with lots of sweetness and cuteness today!  It's the best I've got!  Fluffy pets and chubby toddlers!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment