"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Twelve!!

We have a tradition to keep: Galadriel had another birthday, and you know that her birthday means candy-covered, colorful, beautiful cakes that she decorates by herself!

This year? Rainbow!


 Just as cheerful and pretty as the birthday girl!


Galadriel grew out of her old bike, so this year her present was a bike that the salesman said should last her through college and beyond! Yay! I love it when my kids get to the full-sized bike stage, so we don't have to buy new ones.  Hers is a pretty blue.


And, most special of all, my Mom made a "Junior Life Guard" jacket by sewing on an official, retro badge that she found on Ebay onto a red jacket.  She also found a retro, official, junior life guard pin, and put it on the collar.


My Mom was a lifeguard and is VERY proud of Galadriel for completing her Junior Lifeguard course this summer.  Galadriel worked so hard, and she deserves her coat!


I'm late on getting this post up, but I didn't want to miss the chance to document it: Happy 12th Birthday Galadriel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment