"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, June 4, 2018

Summer

Well, we officially finished our school year.  I am pretty sure that most home schooling moms look forward to summer as much as their children do.  Speaking for myself: I am ready for a break!!



 I NEED my summers to finally make time for those projects that I simply do not have time for while I'm teaching.  I have big goals for this summer, but of course, I always have big goals...we'll see what I get to!  My huge project this summer is to replace all of the nasty old stained carpet that is in our upstairs.  And in truth, my kitchen really needs some attention itself.  That said, I know that none of us are up for any sort of grand-scale remodel.   I'm thinking "face lift".


My current projects include packing away our school room for the year.  Going through the workbooks and deciding what gets saved and stored, and what workbooks were used and get recycled.  Believe it or not, it's a pretty big task.  I guess it really entails detailing the schoolroom shelving, closets, and whatever's inside of the kids' desks.  Imagine big messes.


And if I don't feel inclined to head to the schoolroom, then my bedroom is waiting for me with bins of winter clothes to process.  They need to be stored or donated.  I've already been going through the bins and have managed to donate 5 black trash bags of clothes.  I have no explanations.


That said, summer is ON! So, that means water tables, baby pools and sprinklers in my sister's back yard.  I can't work ALL day after all! ;)


That's my world in a nutshell!  Have a  good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment