"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Still Summer


The longer I homeschool, the more children I homeschool, the more I love, savor and cling to summer!


We've been swimming a lot this summer (more than usual).  I am SO grateful that Miss Rosie has learned how to do the front and back crawl, and overcame her fear of the diving board and has become a diving board Queen! 

 I love this girl's smile!  And her giggle and waves.  She is most definitely the "middle child" in this family, and that puts her "Front and Center" for me.  

It was on my bucket list to hit this water park before the end of the summer.  Yesterday, we did it!


We were here two years ago celebrating the recovery of Galadriel from her tonsil surgery.  In just a bit over a week, she'll have her 11th birthday.  Let me know if anyone figures out how to hold time still.





No comments:

Post a Comment