"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Late February

Things have been busy since I last posted!  We did have a successful Valentine's Day party.  I think there were about 30 kids and 7 moms? The little girls made a marathon out of "ring around the rosie"--apparently this game can be played indefinitely!
 And the boys?  Crab-football.  (Just to keep them somewhat corralled and somewhat constructively occupied).:)  There were crafts and snacks as well.  But never never enough time for chatting with the moms!  I think I'm going to have to re-think this...I think we need a mom's night out!

The weather has been outrageously awesome!  I have had the joy of watching my niece, who became a big sister twice over when my sister delivered her twins!!

I took my kids-plus-one on a nature hike.




The highlight was finding a nest.



And...I need to record that when my brother was visiting he insisted that I get out -twice- with him alone for lunch.  Now, I don't really go out alone, and I don't really go out for lunch.  Sort of not really in keeping with the general job description!:)  BUT, exceptions are made when my brother is home!  I went out.
I think I've mentioned that my brother is a hipster.  The truth is, he's just very urbane and very fun and awesome in general (I only have one older sibling, so I do adore a bit, pardon the gush).  So, when we go out, he doesn't let me just meet him at the local coffee shop.  Nope.  First it was a German pub for Weinerschnitzel and kraut:



And then, Vietnamese?  Pho. Green tea and Spring Rolls.
 

Back to diapers!
I'm out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment