"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Mid-September Daybook

Outside my window:  it has been a rainy couple-a days.  Good for the grass we are trying to grow in our backyard, good for deep-cleaning my home days.

And...that's how far  I got before my baby started needing me.

Can I share a bucket list for the Fall now instead?!

1) apple and pumpkin picking

2) bake apple and pumpkin pie until we're sick of it and begging for gingerbread and peppermint ice cream!

3) lots of pumpkin spice latte's--and I don't even care where they're from!  But I'd really love to finally master my own homemade psl's made with real pumpkin.  I never quite like my own...yet.

4) plant mums in my garden (after weeding it for the first time since...June! #newbabyissues)

5) nature walks with kids, nature journaling

6) Sunday family hike

7) make an awesome football party spread for my family as we hang out (sliders. I want to make awesome sliders...bbq beef with pepper jack cheese).

8) buy some really cute, comfortable zip-up, lower heeled, suede (can be faux) booties...and some jeans.  Non-maternity jeans would be so jackpot!


No comments:

Post a Comment